Lime is a small evergreen tree with glossy leaves, similar to the Lemon tree. It has small green fruits from which the rind is used to extract the oil.
Lime essential oil is a highly aromatic and concentrated oil derived from the peel of the Citrus aurantiifolia, or lime, fruit through cold-press extraction. The oil captures the vibrant and zesty fragrance of fresh limes and is widely used for its refreshing scent and various therapeutic benefits. Lime essential oil is known for its invigorating and uplifting properties, making it a popular choice in aromatherapy and natural health practices.
Uplifting and Mood-Boosting: The vibrant and invigorating scent of lime essential oil can help improve mood, alleviate stress, and uplift your spirits. Its aroma has a positive impact on emotional well-being and can promote a sense of freshness and positivity.
Cleansing and Purifying: Lime oil contains natural compounds with antiseptic and antibacterial properties that make it an effective choice for cleansing and purifying purposes:
- Surface Cleaner: Add lime oil to your homemade cleaning solutions to naturally disinfect and clean surfaces around your home.
- Air Purifier: Diffuse lime oil to help cleanse the air, eliminate odors, and create a fresh and revitalizing environment.
Skin Care and Astringent: Lime essential oil's astringent properties make it beneficial for skin health:
- Oily Skin: Lime oil can help balance and clarify oily skin by reducing excess oil production and minimizing the appearance of pores.
- Cleansing: Incorporate a few drops of lime oil into your skincare routine to help cleanse and refresh the skin, promoting a healthy complexion.
Digestive Support: Lime essential oil may support healthy digestion by promoting the natural movement of food through the digestive tract, reducing bloating, and aiding in digestion.
Immune Boost: The high vitamin C content in lime oil contributes to its potential immune-boosting effects, helping to strengthen the body's defenses against illnesses and infections.
Energizing and Refreshing: Lime oil's vibrant aroma can provide a natural energy boost and help combat mental fatigue. Inhaling its scent can increase alertness and focus.
Flavor and Aroma in Cooking: Lime essential oil can be used sparingly as a flavoring agent in culinary applications:
- Beverages: Add a drop of lime oil to water, tea, or beverages for a refreshing and zesty flavor.
- Recipes: Enhance the taste of desserts, marinades, dressings, and dishes with a hint of lime oil.
Respiratory Support: Inhaling the aroma of lime essential oil can help clear the respiratory passages and promote easier breathing. It may provide relief from congestion and respiratory discomfort.
Antioxidant Protection: Lime oil contains antioxidants that help combat free radicals, contributing to overall health and wellness.
Aromatherapy and Mood Enhancement: Lime essential oil is known for its uplifting and refreshing aroma, making it an excellent choice for aromatherapy to enhance mood and create a positive atmosphere:
- Diffusion: Add a few drops of lime oil to a diffuser to fill your space with its invigorating scent. This can help improve mood, reduce stress, and increase alertness.
- Room Spray: Create a natural room spray by combining lime oil with water in a spray bottle. Use it to refresh your living spaces or create an uplifting environment.
Skin Care and Cleansing: Lime essential oil's astringent and cleansing properties make it beneficial for skin care and promoting a clear complexion:
- Toning: Dilute a drop or two of lime oil in a carrier oil or witch hazel and use it as a natural toner to help balance and tighten the skin.
- Spot Treatment: Apply a diluted mixture of lime oil to blemishes or areas of concern to help cleanse and clarify the skin.
Natural Household Cleaning: Lime essential oil's antibacterial and antiseptic properties make it an effective ingredient for creating natural cleaning solutions:
- All-Purpose Cleaner: Mix lime oil with water, white vinegar, and a touch of liquid soap to create an all-purpose cleaner that effectively cleans and sanitizes surfaces around your home.
- Degreaser: Add lime oil to your homemade degreasing solutions to cut through grease and grime in kitchens and other areas.
Citrus, tart, sweet
Directions for Use:
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
For Use in Food: Dilute one drop in 120 mL of liquid.
Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with the eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in metal containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
Never use pure oils on the skin without diluting, never use internally, keep away from children and eyes, always check if there are any medical issues which could cause a problem. Seek help if you have any doubts.
All our oils are for external use only. Never use our natural essential oils or nature identical oils on the skin without diluting, never use internally, keep away from children and eyes, always check if there are any medical issues that could cause a problem. Seek help if you have any doubts. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please refer to our policies for further details, and our disclaimer on the bottom of our homepage. Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.
Botanical Name: Citrus aurantifolia
Plant Part: Peel
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Country of Origin: India
Scent: Fresh, sweet, citrus peel scent, more bitter than the Lime Cold Pressed.
Important Note: The information provided is for educational purposes only.
*The information provided is for educational purposes only*
Wishlist is empty.
Your cart is empty.Return to shop