Ginger essential oil is a concentrated aromatic oil that is extracted from the roots of the Zingiber officinale plant through a steam distillation process. The oil captures the distinctive scent and therapeutic properties of ginger, a widely used spice and medicinal herb. Ginger essential oil has a warm, spicy, and invigorating aroma that is both soothing and uplifting. It has been valued for its various health benefits and has been used in traditional medicine and aromatherapy for its wide range of properties.
Digestive Support: Ginger essential oil is well-known for its ability to support digestion and alleviate various digestive issues. It can help reduce indigestion, bloating, gas, and stomach discomfort by promoting the smooth movement of food through the digestive tract.
Anti-Inflammatory: The anti-inflammatory compounds in ginger essential oil, such as gingerol, can help reduce inflammation and alleviate discomfort in muscles, joints, and tissues. This makes it valuable for managing joint pain, arthritis, and muscle soreness.
Nausea Relief: Ginger oil is often used to alleviate nausea and motion sickness. Inhaling its aroma or applying it topically to pressure points can help reduce feelings of queasiness and vomiting.
Energy and Alertness: The invigorating and uplifting scent of ginger essential oil can help boost energy levels, improve mental clarity, and enhance focus. It's a popular choice for combating fatigue and promoting a sense of alertness.
Pain Relief: Ginger oil's analgesic properties may offer relief from minor pain and headaches when applied topically or used in aromatherapy.
Respiratory Health: Inhaling the aroma of ginger oil can help open up the airways and promote respiratory health. It may provide relief from congestion, coughs, and respiratory discomfort.
Immune Support: Ginger oil contains antioxidants that can help strengthen the immune system and protect against oxidative stress, potentially contributing to overall immune health.
Circulation: Ginger essential oil may support healthy blood circulation, which can have positive effects on cardiovascular health and overall well-being.
Emotional Well-Being: The warming and comforting aroma of ginger oil can have a positive impact on emotional well-being. It can help reduce stress, anxiety, and promote a sense of relaxation and balance.
Aphrodisiac: Ginger oil is sometimes used as an aphrodisiac due to its warming and stimulating properties, which can help enhance mood and sensuality.
Antimicrobial Properties: Ginger oil has shown potential antimicrobial activity against certain bacteria and fungi, making it useful for promoting a healthy environment and skin.
Hair and Scalp Health: When added to hair care products or carrier oils, ginger oil can help improve the health of the scalp, promote hair growth, and add shine to the hair.
Digestive Support: Ginger essential oil is renowned for its ability to aid digestion and alleviate various gastrointestinal discomforts. Here are some ways to use it for digestive support:
- Massage: Dilute a few drops of ginger oil in a carrier oil and massage onto the abdomen in a clockwise motion. This can help relieve bloating, indigestion, and stomach discomfort.
- Inhalation: Inhale the aroma of ginger oil directly from the bottle or by adding a few drops to a tissue. This can help ease nausea and settle an upset stomach.
- DIY Digestive Blend: Create a massage blend by combining ginger oil with other essential oils like peppermint and fennel. Mix with a carrier oil and apply it to the abdomen for enhanced digestive relief.
Pain Relief and Muscle Discomfort: Ginger essential oil's anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties make it valuable for addressing pain and muscle discomfort. Here's how to use it for pain relief:
- Topical Application: Dilute ginger oil in a carrier oil and apply it to sore muscles or joints to reduce discomfort. You can also create a warming massage oil by combining ginger oil with oils like black pepper and eucalyptus.
- Warm Compress: Add a few drops of ginger oil to warm water, soak a cloth in the mixture, and apply it as a compress to the affected area for soothing relief.
Energy and Focus: The invigorating aroma of ginger essential oil can help boost energy levels, improve mental clarity, and enhance focus. Here's how to use it for an energy and focus boost:
- Aromatherapy: Diffuse ginger oil in your living or work space to create an energizing and uplifting environment. It can help combat fatigue and improve alertness.
- Personal Inhaler: Place a few drops of ginger oil on a cotton ball or in a personal inhaler. Inhale the aroma whenever you need a quick pick-me-up or mental clarity.
- Blend with Citrus Oils: Combine ginger oil with citrus essential oils like orange, lemon, or grapefruit to create a stimulating and refreshing blend for diffusion or personal inhalation.
Directions for Use:
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Food Flavour: Add 1 or 2 drops to food.
All our oils are for external use only. Never use our natural essential oils or nature identical oils on the skin without diluting, never use internally, keep away from children and eyes, always check if there are any medical issues that could cause a problem. Seek help if you have any doubts. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please refer to our policies for further details, and our disclaimer on the bottom of our homepage. Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.
Botanical Name: Zingiber Officinalis
Plant Part: Root
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Colour: Light Yellow
Aromatic Scent: Ginger has a warm, spicy, woody scent with a hint of lemon and pepper.
Aromatic Strength: Medium to Strong
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, and other spice oils.
*The information provided is for educational purposes only*
Wishlist is empty.
Your cart is empty.Return to shop